Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 6...


Tomorrow is my first appointment since the surgery. The surgeon said he will show me some pictures of my knee, which should be interesting to see. As you can see from the picture, the swelling has gone down even more. I spoke to the surgeon's nurse on Monday, and she encouraged me to try and move it as much as I can without any pain. She also said the office does not believe in giving patients any crutches since the patients can become dependent on them.

It is interesting because this type of recovery is in contradiction with what I have read on the Internet concerning microfracture surgery recovery, which also encourages movement but limits putting too much weight on the surgically-repaired knee and leg. I guess I should trust the doctor and see what happens. I can bend my knee to almost a 90 degree angle, but it is still very stiff. I am still walking around like some 1920's horror monster with my stiff leg and awkward gait. I think I will also go into the office tomorrow after the appointment, provided my leg is good enough to drive with.

1 comment:

  1. Wormy, keep up the good work. Listen to the Doc. Love to all

    ReplyDelete